COVID Update January 7,2022
Yutan Public School
January 7, 2022
As you probably have heard, COVID numbers are starting to increase in and around Yutan. To help you understand the new protocols we have made a list of items that can help keep our school a safe and healthy place for our students.
- Yutan Public Schools will continue to monitor COVID cases that involve Yutan students and their families. What is going on in other districts will not affect our decisions. We will do what is best for Yutan Public School staff and students.
- Please stay home if they are ill or are experiencing symptoms of COVID.
- Confirmed COVID positive individuals should isolate at home for a minimum of 5 days from their date of onset of symptoms, or date of test if no symptoms. If the individual’s symptoms have improved with no fever for 24 hours, they may return to school or work. Upon return from the 5-day isolation the positive individual will be REQUIRED to mask for 5 additional days. If the individual would prefer not to wear a mask for the additional 5 days, we will require them to stay home the additional 5 days for a total of 10 days out of school.
- If there is a confirmed positive case within your household, please contact the school because there are many variables that will come into play about how each situation is handled.
- Continue to encourage enhanced hygiene practices
- Notification for positive cases and close contacts while at school will continue.
- At the elementary level, when three or more cases are identified in a homeroom, a letter will be sent to all families in that classroom to notify them
- At the junior/high school level, no letters will be sent to families to notify them about positive cases as students move from classroom to classroom unless there is a clear point of exposure.
- We do not plan to close classrooms or quarantine students due to close contact with positive cases unless required by the Three Rivers Health Department
- Yutan Public Schools will continue to report positive cases of staff and students to the Three Rivers Health Department per state statute.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping Yutan Public Schools a safe and healthy place.
Yutan Public Schools