What is Title I Reading?
Title I is a federally-funded, general education support program. The goal of Title I Reading is to provide extra reading help and instruction for struggling readers.
Title I instruction is specialized reading instruction that is provided through the cooperation of the classroom teacher and the Title I Reading teacher. This supplements classroom instruction.
Supplemental reading instruction with the Title I Reading teacher will be in small groups.
Daily at-home reading is an integral part of the Title I Reading program.
The main objectives of the Title I Reading Program:
- To provide instruction in reading
- To provide readiness and reinforcement in Reading
- Build self-esteem
- Develop student's ability to work independently and effectively in the classroom
- To work with the classroom teacher in providing the most effective learning environment for each student.
- To encourage parents to be actively involved in their child's education.